Welcome to Snarkfest

Welcome to my snarky corner of the web. Join me as I discuss everything from wine to chocolate. There may be a few other topics mixed in there too. I talk a bunch about my amazing offspring, 24 and 21. I sometimes go on and on about my secret crush on the amazing Mike Rowe. I talk about things that irritate me or things that make me happy. Sometimes I just talk to hear myself talk. Feedback is always appreciated but please make sure it's respectable. No nudity or profanity. I'm the only one allowed to be profane. But any and all snark is welcome and appreciated!

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I Just Want to Be Alone...

I was supposed to write this review when the book first came out, but then life happened. Overwhelmed with band, volleyball, track, more band, work, house, dogs, band again....you get the idea. So now I'm making good on my word to review the book "I Just Want to Be Alone." The book is the follow-up anthology to the equally hilarious "I Just Want to Pee Alone." (I was in that!)


When I got this book from Amazon, I immediately searched for the essays of some of my favorite bloggers: Michelle from You're My Favorite Today, Rebecca from Frugalista Blog, Meredith from The Mom of the Year, Karen from Baby Sideburns, Bethany from I Love Them Most When They're Sleeping....

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, those awesome ladies and tons of others are in this book. Compiled by Jen, the mastermind of People I Want to Punch in the Throat, this second anthology is directed at husbands, boyfriends, significant others and better halves. Some rants, some stories, all entertaining!

From Meredith's husband's go at bee-keeping, Rebecca's husband's diaper-changing abilities (or lack thereof), Michelle's husband's bed-wetting experience to Karen's husband's bowel issues, this book is chock full of funny stuff. Some names you'll remember from Book 1 and some new names make up this amusing and entertaining look at life with men.

It's an easy read, you can do a chapter each time you sit down to pee (alone), while you're waiting for your gyno appointment with Dr. Jellyfinger or after your little crumbsnatchers go to sleep (again, for the 4th time) at night. Wherever you can sneak in a quick chapter, you won't be disappointed! Buy the book and visit the blogs of the amazingly funny ladies who make up "I Just Want to Be Alone." And tell 'em Snarky sent ya.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, sister! In two years and two books you're the first to mention me. And of course, it's in the same breath as "Dr. Jellyfinger." Seems fitting.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many funny women who blog out there. This sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Michelle Jellyfinger...I will never look at your long slender fingers the same way again, Michelle. Thanks for the review, Snarky. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teri, you're the best! I'm so glad you enjoyed and got a few laughs! xo

    ReplyDelete

I do read all comments and try to respond to them. Unless you're trying to get me to visit your website: Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags. Then you can go pound sand.