Welcome to Snarkfest

Welcome to my snarky corner of the web. Join me as I discuss everything from wine to chocolate. There may be a few other topics mixed in there too. I talk a bunch about my amazing offspring, 24 and 21. I sometimes go on and on about my secret crush on the amazing Mike Rowe. I talk about things that irritate me or things that make me happy. Sometimes I just talk to hear myself talk. Feedback is always appreciated but please make sure it's respectable. No nudity or profanity. I'm the only one allowed to be profane. But any and all snark is welcome and appreciated!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday Tirade....Absolutely SENSELESS

I just read, with HORROR, the story of an Australian college student who was shot in the back last week and killed by 3 teens from Oklahoma who were 'bored'. I am absolutely sickened. The story can be found here on the CBS news website. Christopher Lane was 22, going into his senior year at East Central University and had his whole life ahead of him. Now he's dead. Dead at the hands of 3 teenagers ranging in age from 15-17. What the hell is wrong with people?? This guy just went out for a run. The teens saw him run by, jumped into a car, followed him, shot in him the back and left him for dead because they were bored.


One of the suspect's mothers told authorities that her son and his friends were in a 'wannabe gang'. Well I hope they are all tried as adults and are all thrown in jail for a very long time. They wanna be in a gang? I hope they get gang raped in prison for what they did to Christopher Lane. Maybe that's harsh, but not as harsh as the punishment they doled out to this innocent kid. What right did they have to take his life? Who gave them the right to decide who lives and who dies? It's sickening, it's disgusting. One of the suspects, the 17 year old, is quoted as saying 'we were bored, we didn't have anything to do so we decided to kill somebody." What kind of children are we raising in this country? What is happening in our society that something like this can happen? I'm completely at a loss to understand the thinking behind this cruel and tragic event. My heart aches for this boy's family and friends. So much to live for. So many things yet to happen in his life and he was taken away by 3 bored teens. Absolutely disgusting.


10 comments:

  1. I read this earlier today. I'm at a loss for words! Our world has become a very scary place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure I would admit to being the parents of these kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Shit! I had not heard about this but WTF is wrong with people? This is beyond horrible. I hope they all get the death penalty. I am so sorry for this young man's family and the loss that will never be replaced. Atrocious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard about this either... why aren't these making headlines news. Where's the media frenzy???
    As a nation we should be embarassed at the youth we are raising.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard about this either!!?!?! WTF?

    I am sick. I have no words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un. Real.
    I can't believe this, it's crazy. Luckily the cops found these guys FAST - 15, 16 & 17 years old? - as they were on their way to kill a 2nd victim according to this article: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/melbourne-baseball-star-christopher-lane-dies-in-us-drive-by-shooting/story-fni0fee2-1226699511591
    Sadness. I hope they try them as adults - you wanna act all grown up? Love that these fine "boys" were well known to authorities: "In between the shooting of Lane and the boys' arrest one of the boys kept an appointment with juvenile authorities for a previous brush with the law, Chief Ford said" They need tried as adults - and why isn't this getting more media attention?! Sad and frustrated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally disgusted. Thanks for hooking up this important post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did read this and responded to it similarly! What is happening in our world?????

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm afraid that he won't be the only one who dies this way. We are constantly hearing about our youths being murdered for absolutely no reason at all. Where is the mentality coming from? Is it the parents? Schools? Society? Who knows what's in the mind of some people.

    Such a sad story, and my heart and prayers go out to all his family and friends right now.

    ReplyDelete

I do read all comments and try to respond to them. Unless you're trying to get me to visit your website: Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags. Then you can go pound sand.