Welcome to Snarkfest

Welcome to my snarky corner of the web. Join me as I discuss everything from wine to chocolate. There may be a few other topics mixed in there too. I talk a bunch about my amazing offspring, 24 and 21. I sometimes go on and on about my secret crush on the amazing Mike Rowe. I talk about things that irritate me or things that make me happy. Sometimes I just talk to hear myself talk. Feedback is always appreciated but please make sure it's respectable. No nudity or profanity. I'm the only one allowed to be profane. But any and all snark is welcome and appreciated!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Things that make me shake my head.....

I can always count on Huffington Post's 'Weird News' page to make me say "Say what???" and this morning is no different. For those who invite potty humor to the dinner table, I give you the Magic Restroom Cafe. I shit you not (sorry, bad pun) this is a real restaurant in L.A. that has toilets for seats, toilet bowls for dishes and some really gross-out names for its signature dishes. My personal least favorite is the "Bloody Number Two".

Another story that made me pretty furious was the AOL story about the woman who was walking with her boyfriend near the Ala Wai Boat Harbor in Waikiki, HI when she heard the sounds of dogs (a LOT of dogs) barking from a car. She called 911 and opened an unlocked door to a Honda Fit (trust me, Matchbox cars look like Hummers compared to these little cars). Inside the Fit were 21 dogs. Let that sink in for a second. Picture a Matchbox car, now picture 21 dogs inside, now imagine all this in the Hawaiian tropical heat. Some of the Pomeranian-Poodle mixed dogs were crammed into crates and some were running around the car free. The story is that the owner of the Fit was the mother of the breeder of the dogs, and the mother took the dogs without permission. BOTH of these folks should be slapped upside the head with a bat. Absolutely disgusting.

If this doesn't make you say "What the what???" I don't know what will. Wine for Cats. That's right, I said Wine.........for your cat. I've got some bad news for my Dumbass. Momma doesn't share her wine. It's bad enough sometime she gets her disgusting cat hair IN my wine. Now from Japan, there's wine for your cat. I. Don't. Think. So.
Back off, kitty, that's MY Cabernet!!!
Photo courtesy: 123RF.com

And to finish up your Wednesday morning, this one made me smile. It's one for my friend Toby's site, Dumbass News.  He's always got great stories of really smart people, like this Einstein, who called the cops because he got stiffed on a drug deal. Seriously. Apparently he was selling prescription drugs for $1.25 each, not realizing that this was, in fact, illegal to sell prescription drugs, and when the buyer stiffed him, he called the police to report it. When they didn't show up right away, he called them three more times to see what was taking them so long. Apparently he was in a hurry to get locked in the pokey. I love stupid people.

6 comments:

  1. Bwahahahaha!

    Teh funnay.

    Thanks for the shout out, Snarky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg...hysterical! I have to say I'm kind of fascinated with the toilet restaurant! It would be genuinely disgusting to eat there (WHO would want to???) but I'm dying to know why, oh why this was ever conceptualized and I really want to see the rest of that menu!!
    And why on earth would a cat need wine? They're laid back enough! (doggie story was horrible--Yuck - I hope those people go to jail for a very long time, in a teeny tiny cell)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in LA. Who says you can't shit where you eat?
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. PLEASE tell me those toilets are not actual WORKING toilets, are they??? I know a couple of men who wouldn't mind sitting on the crapper while they ate a bloody steak. Hope this place doesn't serve meat loaf, BAHAHA! This was funny as shit (pun intended) except for the dogs in for a few days just to see what they put the poor dogs through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS!!!! And I'm so sending Dumbass some wine for Christmas - maybe the reason for the refrigerator love is Dumbass is desperately seeking wine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you, sister ... Not. Sharing. My. Wine. Especially not with the cat.

    And, I can promise you, we will not be having lunch at any toilet inspired restaurant! Blech!

    ReplyDelete

I do read all comments and try to respond to them. Unless you're trying to get me to visit your website: Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags. Then you can go pound sand.