Welcome to Snarkfest

Welcome to my snarky corner of the web. Join me as I discuss everything from wine to chocolate. There may be a few other topics mixed in there too. I talk a bunch about my amazing offspring, 24 and 21. I sometimes go on and on about my secret crush on the amazing Mike Rowe. I talk about things that irritate me or things that make me happy. Sometimes I just talk to hear myself talk. Feedback is always appreciated but please make sure it's respectable. No nudity or profanity. I'm the only one allowed to be profane. But any and all snark is welcome and appreciated!

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Why I want to kick this guy's ass...

I have a low tolerance for bullshit. I think that's fairly obvious. Many of you who are regular readers of the blog or my Facebook page know that I can't stand stupid people, or people who are famous for no good reason, or people who are selfish assbags. Or any combination of those traits.

Cue this guy. Dude falls asleep at a Skankees - Red Sox game. Now, I'm not a rocket scientist, but I also don't live under a freaking rock. I know there's a huge rivalry between the Skankees and the Sox. But this poor bastard apparently cares nothing for the rivalry. In fact, he was so bored at the game back in April, he fell asleep. Enter ESPN sports commentators Dan Shulman and John Kruk. The ESPN camera pans to this sleeping beauty, Shulman and Kruk say something about him and move on with their lives.  Sleepy gets his panties in a bunch and decides to sue MLB, ESPN, The Skankees, Dan Shulman and The Krukker for $10 million clams.


Are you freaking kidding me?? This guy's over-inflated sense of self worth is astounding to me. He claims 'substantial injury to his character and reputation'. Oh and add in 'mental anguish, LOSS OF FUTURE INCOME, and loss of earning capacity'. Excuse me while I bang my head against the wall.

$10 million?? This guy falls asleep, gets spotted by the cameras, the announcers say something about him being comfy and he believes he's owed TEN. MILLION. DOLLARS. I want to punch this guy in the nuts.

First of all, he's a Skankees fan. What self-respecting Skankees fan FALLS ASLEEP during a game against the Red Sox?? And on what planet would this schlepp make $10 million in his lifetime??

Secondly, Shulman and Kruk never actually said any of the things he's claiming they said on their broadcast. Perhaps when their mics were off or in their heads,  but not in the actual broadcast. So why in GOD'S name does this assbag feel he is entitled to TEN. MILLION. DOLLARS??

My eyes have rolled so far back into my brain I'm seeing grey matter. How about you? Do you think this guy has a leg to stand, er, sleep on?

12 comments:

  1. Too many people sue for too many reasons, it's not safe to blow your nose in public anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I can tell, some of his 'anguish' comes from internet comments, but naturally he can't find THOSE people, so he's going to the money bags and suing where they may pay him off to go away. I hope the big co's hold their ground and the guy gets nothing but lawyer bills - who would take this case anyhow?! SERIOUSLY?! The whole thing is pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw he was given an Un-Godly amount already to shut his trap. But after the crap that came from all over with the Internet plus TV... a ruling will be in his favor. Which really sucks as the public will pay out more to watch Games and the TV Camera Techs will not be doing this again unless they have complete approval. So Sad!

      Delete
  3. Seriously, dude, you really think your witty bitty feewings are worth ten mil?

    The thing is, just because he got a lawyer to take the case (and apparently a very inexperienced one, per the NYT) does not mean anything will come of it. In fact, I'm sort of hoping that they continue to follow this because the more of a fuss he makes, the more people are going to laugh at him. And who's he going to sue then? The internet? Good luck, chump.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to come back and share. This is from the Courthouse News Service article (http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/07/07/69299.htm)--

    He claims that the defendants "negligently or maliciously published false, defamatory statement of fact about the plaintiff, a private individual. The false statements include but are not limited to:
    "Plaintiff is unintelligent and stupid individual.
    "Plaintiff is not worthy to be fan of the New York Yankee.
    "Plaintiff is a fatty cow that need two seats at all time and represent symbol of failure.
    "Plaintiff is a confused disgusted and socially bankrupt individual.
    "Plaintiff is confused individual that neither understands nor knows anything about history and the meaning of rivalry between Red Sox and New York Yankee.
    "Plaintiff is so stupid that he cannot differentiate between his house and public place by snoozing throughout the fourth inning of the Yankee game."

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most laughable case I've seen lately. Really, 10 Million Dollars?! Dude, please! This case is just ridiculous and just illustrates where so many in our society have fallen to. SMH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Nut job to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Balls! If you do something IN PUBLIC, people are allowed to comment on it--whether they have a microphone in their hand or not. What an ass pimple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why waste outrage on such dumbassery? Who cares...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Careful what you say or he might sue you too. ahahahahahah. Society can't take a job anymore nor can they take responsibility for their own actions. Truly sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Total douchebag written all over this dude. Freaking $10 million? Come on MAN!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I do read all comments and try to respond to them. Unless you're trying to get me to visit your website: Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags. Then you can go pound sand.