Welcome to Snarkfest

Welcome to my snarky corner of the web. Join me as I discuss everything from wine to chocolate. There may be a few other topics mixed in there too. I talk a bunch about my amazing offspring, 24 and 21. I sometimes go on and on about my secret crush on the amazing Mike Rowe. I talk about things that irritate me or things that make me happy. Sometimes I just talk to hear myself talk. Feedback is always appreciated but please make sure it's respectable. No nudity or profanity. I'm the only one allowed to be profane. But any and all snark is welcome and appreciated!

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Silent Saturdays in soccer. They suck...

Ever hear of Silent Saturday? It's a hot button topic among the youth soccer crowd and it's a subject I decided to take on today. I'm guest posting over at Coach Daddy, so go say hi to Eli and see exactly what I have to say about Silent Saturday. Click here to see my post.

Eli is a dad AND a soccer coach himself, so he knows the frustrations of dealing with refs, kids and especially parents, who are the reason this whole thing started in the first place.


11 comments:

  1. Can u imagine every game like that? Never being encouraged = therapy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine it Jen. And I lived through it! With clenched fists.

      Delete
  2. My kids played soccer briefly & I thought this was the dumbest thing ever! Most parents are just fine, like you said it's those few that ruin it for the rest of us. I've been at various games that my kids are playing in & if there's a great play made by the other team, I will first wince & then I'll say "nice play/catch, etc" as do most of the other parents. It's doing kids a great disservice to be an obnoxious jerk at their games!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean, I've done the same thing! If an opposing player makes a great play, I will clap and encourage because kids NEED encouragement. They DON'T need an assbag parent shouting negative crap from the sidelines, and it IS those assbags who ruin it for the rest.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I think the only ones who like Silent Saturday are the Youth Refs. Just ask me why my girls refuse to ref anymore. And this from a big sideline mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, you couldn't pay me enough to ref any youth sport. The crap those refs have to deal with is beyond ridiculous. In our county, high school basketball parents are a bit on the rough side when it comes to shouting stuff at the refs, and it's embarrassing!

      Delete
  4. I love your honesty on all things, Teri. I left a comment on Eli's blog, too, but suffice it to say that I'm not sure I'd be able to make it through a Silent Saturday! Not because I'm competitive and want to yell at everyone, but because I'm a bit of a chatterbox. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shay!! I'm like you, I talk. A lot. And often.

      Delete
  5. I honestly don't think I could do it. I couldn't be totally silent. I'm too excitable and vocal. I'd probably pee my pants--or worse--from the pressure of trying to hold it all in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thank goodness there is a porta potty on the soccer field!!

      Delete
  6. Some things shouldn't be done in silence. Soccer is one of them.

    ReplyDelete

I do read all comments and try to respond to them. Unless you're trying to get me to visit your website: Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags. Then you can go pound sand.