Welcome to Snarkfest

Welcome to my snarky corner of the web. Join me as I discuss everything from wine to chocolate. There may be a few other topics mixed in there too. I talk a bunch about my amazing offspring, 24 and 21. I sometimes go on and on about my secret crush on the amazing Mike Rowe. I talk about things that irritate me or things that make me happy. Sometimes I just talk to hear myself talk. Feedback is always appreciated but please make sure it's respectable. No nudity or profanity. I'm the only one allowed to be profane. But any and all snark is welcome and appreciated!

Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday night FUN

Last Friday night I had the absolutely pleasure of attending my very first book signing. And to make it more fun, it was MY book signing!! (Good thing too, because I'm thinking if I crashed a book signing and started signing books that I didn't write, the police may have to be called.) But it WAS my book signing and man, was it a good time. The lovely Kendra at Four Seasons Bookstore invited me to bring in about 45 of my closest friends and family and drink wine and eat cheese and crackers. Did I mention she's my new favorite book store manager on earth??

After a delicious dinner at Kazu, I stumbled two doors down to Four Seasons and when I got upstairs to where the book signing was held, there was already a crowd. Holy crap! They were there to see ME! I was so happy that Alicia from Naps Happen could join us for dinner and attend the book signing. It took the pressure off of me sitting up there alone, taking a chance on no one finding me funny, and quite possibly throwing rotten fruit at my head. But I am lucky that none of my friends have access to rotten fruit.

My wonderful and beautiful friend and neighbor, Kelley Craig of Kelley Craig Photography was so fantastic and brought along her camera to capture some great pictures of the event.

Evil Joy, Alicia and I
Photo courtesy of the talented Kelley Craig Photography
Are my teeth stained purple? I may or may not have had a glass or 3 of wine before and during the book signing.

Me trying to think up something witty to say. Being witty on command is hard!
Photo courtesy of the amazing Kelley Craig Photography
Alicia read her story from I Just Want to Pee Alone and had the crowd rolling. She's gorgeous and really funny!

Look at how beautiful my friends are! I love them so much and I didn't even have to pay them to show up and laugh at my jokes.
Photo courtesy of the beautiful Kelley Craig Photography

I'm so glad no one brought any rotten fruit. Only fermented grapes. My FAVORITE.
Photo courtesy of the sexy Kelley Craig Photography

This is probably the coolest image of my book I've ever seen. It probably has to do with the fact that I absolutely love the chick holding it.

The tart and tasty Teresa holding I Just Want to Pee Alone
You know who took that picture, don't you? I'll give you a hint: She's sexy, beautiful, amazing and talented.
I want to say thank you to everyone who was able to make that night so special. I felt like a rock star AND I didn't have to dodge any rotten fruit. Special thanks to Evil Joy for flying in from Wisconsin to join in the festivities and to Lisa the Nazi Crack Ho and to Sexy Suzie Q for the beautiful card and flowers. You guys are awesome beyond words.

It was standing room only and we almost had to take up a collection to pay Kendra's babysitter overtime pay because we were there WAY later than the book store's regular hours. What a blast! I should write books more often!

By the way, if you haven't already purchased a copy of either I Just Want to Pee Alone or the other book in which I have an essay, Parenting Gag Reel, you can grab them here.

2 comments:

  1. I had so much fun! You are amazing and I can't wait to see what you publish next!!!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, congratulations! A dream come true!

    ReplyDelete

I do read all comments and try to respond to them. Unless you're trying to get me to visit your website: Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags. Then you can go pound sand.