Welcome to Snarkfest

Welcome to my snarky corner of the web. Join me as I discuss everything from wine to chocolate. There may be a few other topics mixed in there too. I talk a bunch about my amazing offspring, 24 and 21. I sometimes go on and on about my secret crush on the amazing Mike Rowe. I talk about things that irritate me or things that make me happy. Sometimes I just talk to hear myself talk. Feedback is always appreciated but please make sure it's respectable. No nudity or profanity. I'm the only one allowed to be profane. But any and all snark is welcome and appreciated!

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Six words.... a REALLY important piece for me....

Hey Snarklings. Today I have a piece up on Mamalode and it's a really hard truth for me. It's about letting 17 grow up and the struggle it's been for me. And the struggle it continues to be. Please read it and please share it. Comment, tell me if it affects you. It's called Six Words.....

Read it here....

9 comments:

  1. Heading over. I feel your pain, though my son kind of refusing to grow up is a little different :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scariest words ever. I am so afraid of those words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but I'm dealing with them. With wine. LOTS of the wine.

      Delete
  3. I just went and read it. As long as you raised her right she will make the correct decision on when and where is the right time if she so chooses. It is inevitable, so just be there for her if she wants to discuss with you. We were all that age once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter turned 18 yesterday, she's been on the pill since at least 15. Same reason, extreme bad keep you home crying cramping. It was a little odd at first, but I soon got used to it and realized nothing was really any different. I still raised the same kid, the pill isn't going to change that. Judging by what and how you write, I'd say you've got nothing to worry about either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying that, John!!! And I hope your girl's cramping has eased up! Happy Birthday to her!!

      Delete
  5. I love you. And I love your honesty and thoughts of being there for her when it happens. I hope I will be as good a mom as you as my children get older.

    And as the previous person said - you are a stellar mom and taking a pill each day won't change that. She's an awesome daughter and you raised her.

    ReplyDelete

I do read all comments and try to respond to them. Unless you're trying to get me to visit your website: Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags. Then you can go pound sand.