Welcome to Snarkfest

Welcome to my snarky corner of the web. Join me as I discuss everything from wine to chocolate. There may be a few other topics mixed in there too. I talk a bunch about my amazing offspring, 24 and 21. I sometimes go on and on about my secret crush on the amazing Mike Rowe. I talk about things that irritate me or things that make me happy. Sometimes I just talk to hear myself talk. Feedback is always appreciated but please make sure it's respectable. No nudity or profanity. I'm the only one allowed to be profane. But any and all snark is welcome and appreciated!

Friday, June 28, 2013

Interview with 13

Hard hitting questions, that's the key to good journalism. Get the story, get to the meat of the matter. That's just what I did when I grilled 13, using techniques such as Chinese water torture and waterboarding, I got the truth, and sometimes the truth hurts.

Ok that was a bit overly dramatic, but I did have fun reading her answers to some of the questions I gave her. I'd have posted 15's first but she hasn't finished them yet. She's too busy cleaning her room...




HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok, now, on to the interview:

My questions are in blue. 13's answers are in fuschia (because I like that color)

What's the most fun family vacation we've ever taken, and why was it so fun?
Disney World, because it's fricking Disney World!!  (what can I say, she's got excellent taste)

What's your favorite thing to do with your Mom, and why?
I love those heart to heart talks we have because it gets us time to better understand each other. (insert obligatory 'awwwwwww' here).

Same question regarding your dad?
I would say basketball, but I like talking to him about the future, because I get excited for those talks.

What is your idea of a great family night? What makes it great?
I think we need more family game nights. Those are really fun. I did that with Donovan and Simon's families and they were fun, so why not our family? (probably because we suck at time management, but whatever. We'll try)

What's your favorite thing about being you? What makes it so great?
I like being me because, NOT TO BRAG, TRYING HARD NOT TO, I have gotten an early start to the sports that I like so I am relatively decent at most sports I play. (she kicks ass, trust me) I do like being the captain of the team.

After you've died, if you could come back as anyone in the world, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
I kinda wanna come back as a military kid who moves around everywhere. If I ever have a problem, I'm moving soon anyway, it's whatever! And you never really have to get hooked on a place, you can just travel to new places all the time and be free. That would be really fun.  (I found this answer to be extremely interesting, because she's never mentioned it before. Her friend Simon travels every few years so I think she may envy that. Grass is always greener, isn't it?)

Describe your relationship with your sister. What's your favorite thing? Least favorite thing? Why?
I like her. (thank God, because it's too late to return her) Her talks are really great for the most part (UNLESS SHE'S TEXTING WHILE I'M FRICKING TALKING!) But she really seems to know how to handle my problems. I don't like it when she thinks it's okay to harm me because I said or did something that she didn't like. It hurts me more than she realizes. AND ONE DAY I'M GONNA BE BIGGER SO SHE WON'T WANNA MESS WITH ME! (#truth)

What's your favorite thing to do with your friends?
Basketball (Simon) / Mario Party 7 (Hannah) (Indoor/outdoor friends, gotta love 'em!)

Tell me about your greatest childhood memory so far.
I will ALWAYS remember jazz season 2013. Getting to play for the Senators (in Washington DC) and going to Arts Alive (in Charleston, WV). That showed me that we were so much better than I thought we were. The small middle school practically out of the state made it big. We made it. (mom was pretty darn proud too!)

5 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME! Love Love Love it! You are obviously a great mama raising a great kid....but for the love of god, SCHEDULE MORE GAME NIGHTS.
    Can't wait to read 15's!

    *I'm stealing this idea to use with my girls, not for a blog post but for my own curiosity. 'kay?? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please do! It was really interesting to read from a Mom's perspective!

      Delete
  2. can't wait till mine is older to do this. we travel a lot for my husband's job so, I'm curious to see how she feels about it when she is older (she is 2 right now)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great interview! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I do read all comments and try to respond to them. Unless you're trying to get me to visit your website: Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags. Then you can go pound sand.