Welcome to Snarkfest

Welcome to my snarky corner of the web. Join me as I discuss everything from wine to chocolate. There may be a few other topics mixed in there too. I talk a bunch about my amazing offspring, 24 and 21. I sometimes go on and on about my secret crush on the amazing Mike Rowe. I talk about things that irritate me or things that make me happy. Sometimes I just talk to hear myself talk. Feedback is always appreciated but please make sure it's respectable. No nudity or profanity. I'm the only one allowed to be profane. But any and all snark is welcome and appreciated!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wild and Wonderful Wednesday

I'm sorry I've been neglecting you all, my lovely Snarklings. Remember when I told you about Mom's COPD kicking her butt? Well it hit the fan Friday afternoon when she had to be taken to the hospital with chest pains. Turns out the heart doesn't like it when it's not getting enough oxygen, and it rebels. Luckily it was just a scare and she was released on Sunday, but I took 16 & 13 up for a visit to spend time with her and make sure she was okay.



Got home Monday morning well after 1:00 a.m. Sleepy Snarky! Can I just tell you that I got home from work at 5:20 yesterday afternoon and went almost immediately to sleep? Well, too late, I just told you. I slept from about 6:00 p.m. til about 11:00 last night. I got up long enough to scarf down a bowl of cereal, went back to bed at midnight and slept until 6:30 this morning. I feel a bajillion percent better today. Sleep is such a good thing.

Know what else is a good thing? A FREE TARGET GIFT CARD! That's right! I've had 2 people enter my little Songs for the Schoolbus contest on the old Book of Face Page. The race is tight, so see if you can find more of my Songs for the Schoolbus on my Facebook page than anyone else and you'll have yourself a $25 Target Gift Card! Exciting, right?

I was too tired to do a Tuesday Tirade yesterday and I'm in a much better mood so I'm not going to do a Wednesday Whine, but I would be remiss if I didn't at least mention in passing that it's 9/11, the 12th anniversary of the attacks on the US. I don't ever discuss politics, you guys know that. But I will mention the sadness I feel when I remember that day. I went to high school with one of the victims who perished in the World Trade Center, and worked with the mother of one of the pilots who was a Captain of one of the planes. My heart goes out to their families and the families of all those who died that day. And to the survivors who live on. Tonight I will probably break out the VHS tape I have of the documentary 9/11 with Robert DeNiro, and my family and I will remember, we'll cry and we'll pray. We may even have ice cream. Because if we can't have ice cream, then the terrorists win!

The girls are back to their old tricks (staying up too late, missing the bus in the morning). I've been chastised by 13 because it's embarrassing when friends come up and say "I read your mom's song this morning, you missed the bus again, huh?" Hmmm, here's a thought: MAKE THE BUS and I won't embarrass you anymore. It's not rocket science. The bus comes at 7:16. Be on it. On the plus side, I DID make $10 this morning driving them both to school.

Here's one more piece of business, lest you forget. See that little Amazon box over there on the right? Yeah, anytime you wanna make an Amazon purchase, if you could use that link instead of going right to Amazon's site, it'll make me a few cents. Now a few cents doesn't mean much but if all 6 of you who actually read my stuff would use that link to make your purchases on Amazon.com, I would maybe have enough to buy a Blizzard from Dairy Queen. Because if I can't buy a Blizzard, the terrorist win!

So thanks for reading today and I hope you all take a moment to remember this day and hug your family a little tighter and thank God we are a free country. Go on, hug your family, don't let the terrorists win.


3 comments:

  1. Did I ever tell you that I can't do Amazon from my blog anymore??? Score another in the negative column for Minnesota. Damn tax laws.
    Glad your mom is better...glad the girls are back to their old tricks (I was getting worried)...glad you are rested!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks Michelle! And I'm glad you are enjoying my misery with my bus drama. :)

      Delete
  2. So what you're telling me is, when my sister say's "If I had a nickle every time Dawn bought something on Amazon, I'd be rich", you would actually get that said nickle? Cool! Glad to hear you Mom's on the right side of the hospital. And teenagers in the mornings? If I had a nickle for every time I wanted (wanted!! never have!!) to beat my 14yo to get him out of bed, I'd BE RICH! I need to look into one of those boxes...

    ReplyDelete

I do read all comments and try to respond to them. Unless you're trying to get me to visit your website: Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags. Then you can go pound sand.