Welcome to Snarkfest

Welcome to my snarky corner of the web. Join me as I discuss everything from wine to chocolate. There may be a few other topics mixed in there too. I talk a bunch about my amazing offspring, 19 and 17. I sometimes go on and on about my secret crush on the amazing Mike Rowe. I talk about things that irritate me or things that make me happy. Sometimes I just talk to hear myself talk. Feedback is always appreciated but please make sure it's respectable. No nudity or profanity. I'm the only one allowed to be profane. But any and all snark is welcome and appreciated!

Monday, October 20, 2014

Cats and costumes: they do not mix well...

With Halloween only days away, here's a blast from the past. Be safe, you dressers of dogs, you cat couturists....

Let's get one thing straight right now. If you dress up your dog, your cat, your hamster, guinea pig, giraffe, Beta fish, whatever, he HATES you. He wants to tear out your throat. He wants to eat your liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. Seriously.

My friends who know me well will tell you, I absolutely HATE to see animals dressed up. If they had thumbs and the ability to call a lawyer, they'd sue your ass in a heartbeat.  They only put up with you dressing them up because they don't have thumbs and can't feed themselves. Do they chew on your shoes? Do they pee or poop in the house? It's most likely due to the fact that at some point in time, you've done this to them:


This is not a happy kitty.
Photo courtesy: TrendHunter.com




Admit it, if someone did that to you and you were powerless to fight back or stand up for yourself, you'd want to kill them too. I'm not exactly sure why one does this to an animal. It's not funny (okay it's a little funny) but it's also borderline animal cruelty. Admit it. You're laughing at this cat. He's looking at you and in his little cat brain he's saying "Could you please have at least removed the Goddamn tag before you put this shit on me?? Who the hell am I? Minnie Pearl???" Because he knows who Minnie Pearl is. No self-respecting, costume wearing cat wouldn't know who Minnie Pearl is.

Then we have this poor little bastard:

Kareem Abdul Japug
Photo courtesy: VH1 (don't ask)

Seriously, what kind of sick bastard does this to a dog? Doesn't his owner know that he's not only going to get the shit kicked out of him by all the other neighborhood dogs, but he'll need therapy too because white pugs can't jump. For chrissakes, everyone knows that. Wrong. Just so wrong. If you do this to your pet, you deserve for him to jump on your balls and make you spill your beer all over yourself.

I have no words for this picture:

Seriously, wtf is that?  Photo courtesy: dailymail.co.uk



And this poor little bastard is wishing those other two heads were actually REAL so he'd have some help when he climbs up on the bed while you're sleeping and tears your arms off and beats you to death with them:

"I am not amused, asshole." Photo courtesy: funnyfidos.com
This may just be the first time in recorded history that dog and cat came together in unison and killed their master in a manner far too graphic for this family blog:

Yes, fluffy, sadly you do. Photo courtesy: Kodak.com

This dog, through no fault of his own, looks like a giant asshole. He knows it, the other dogs in the neighborhood know it. Hell, even his master knows it, yet still, he wears this costume. But don't worry, this flying Fido will have his revenge. When you go to sleep at night, he will use one of those wings to break into the refrigerator, he will eat every last grape in the produce drawer and he will commence to shitting all over the house. From one end of the place to the other, you will wake up to the glorious smell of dog shit and you will regret ever making him wear this dreadful outfit:

I am NOT a pilot, I am an angry dog. Photo courtesy: nynerd.com
These crime-fighting cats will exact their revenge on you when you least expect it. You have dressed them up like superheroes, but I can assure you, if you were ever in need of help, these furious felines would be the LAST ones you should look to for assistance. In fact, I'm thinking if the Riddler or the Joker had you tied up on railroad tracks and a train was coming, these kitties might just be driving the train:

Superheroes. No. Super pissed off? You betcha!  Photo courtesy: cdn.hahajk.com
I could go on and on, but I'm guessing you get the message. For the love of all that is holy, STOP the madness. If you think your pet would look adorable in pink tights and a tutu, think about how YOU would feel if someone bigger and stronger came in to your house and put pink tights and a tutu on your ass. Would YOU like it? Probably not. Give your pet that same consideration. And if you WOULD like it, well, that's a blog post for another day.

5 comments:

  1. I gave up any urges to dress my pets in costumes long before I gave up my Barbies. Some things are just wrong and making a loyal friend look ridiculous is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I;m still laughing at the 3 headed dog....that one is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it horrible that I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at those pictures?!! I want to say it's a bad thing, really I do. I totally agree with you, it's not fair. But, OMG those pictures are too funny! And I love your commentary! Thanks for a fun post. I mean, thank you for your PSA against dressing up our pets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO! These are just so wrong. You just know these pets are plotting their owner's demise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My colleagues were needing a form this month and used a web service with lots of sample forms . If people are wanting it too , here's a link http://goo.gl/Ms4ebj

    ReplyDelete

I do read all comments and try to respond to them. Unless you're trying to get me to visit your website: Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags. Then you can go pound sand.