Welcome to Snarkfest

Welcome to my snarky corner of the web. Join me as I discuss everything from wine to chocolate. There may be a few other topics mixed in there too. I talk a bunch about my amazing offspring, 19 and 17. I sometimes go on and on about my secret crush on the amazing Mike Rowe. I talk about things that irritate me or things that make me happy. Sometimes I just talk to hear myself talk. Feedback is always appreciated but please make sure it's respectable. No nudity or profanity. I'm the only one allowed to be profane. But any and all snark is welcome and appreciated!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Simon LeBon knows I'm alive. Is that a good thing?

I've been a Duranie my whole life. From the time I was about 13, I've been in love with Simon LeBon (it's okay, my husband knows, he's okay with it). I've even met the man. Twice. Both times, he was a douchebag. We actually call him LeDouche now. Not to his face, mind you. THAT would be rude. Behind his back, you know, where it's NOT rude. Anyway, this is the Simon LeBon that I fell in love with as a teenager:


Courtesy favimages.com
As he got older, he continued to look amazing. Good genes and all that. In his early 50's he was still a good looking guy:
 

And then, not:

Image courtesy Daily Mail
Same tux, same hot pink scarf thingy but this time he's got the old man Penzoiled hair and the handlebar mustache a la Rollie Fingers. What mirror is he looking at where he thinks this looks good? No, the only thing good about this picture is his amazing and ageless wife, Yasmin LeBon in the background, probably thinking to herself, "Who is that man? Did he eat my husband? Where's my husband???" No, Simon LeBon now looks like Snidely Whiplash from the old Rocky & Bullwinkle cartoons:

Courtesy Thegeekmates.com
So yesterday afternoon, I was fooling around on Twitter and saw that LeDouche had started Tweeting, and so I decided to Tweet this Snidely Whiplash image to him. In my usual sweet and cute way. And guess what happened!!! THIS!!!!!










That's right, Simon LeBon Retweeted me!!!




























I'm guessing I'm off his Christmas card list for this year, but at least the man knows that Snarkfest is here!!! How about that? When I got home and told 15 & 13, they were both excited and thought it was very cool. 15 even asked if I 'fangirled out'. I showed her the picture of LeDouche looking like a circus ringleader again and told her that maybe 20 years ago, I'd have gotten all excited and fangirled out but today, I just thought it was pretty cool that he retweeted me but I wasn't going to pack my suitcases and head to England to stalk him. Not looking like he looks today, anyway.

22 comments:

  1. I about spit out my coffee when I saw the hot pink mustache picture. Holy Gods. I'm so used to him looking like he did in the '80's. Hell, I'm used to how I looked in the '80's.

    This is classic. And awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. He must be thinking "Now where DID I put those glasses?" OR he's thinking "I'm going to tie that Snarkfest bitch to the railroad tracks!!"

      Delete
  3. He covered my wall when I was, like 11 years old. What happened????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, girl! My room was wall to wall Duran Duran. They were my One Direction! Now, he's gone in a direction all his own.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, that is so cool! The closest I've ever had to someone cool/famous acknowledging my existence is when the Bloggess left a comment on one of my blog posts! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bloggess is AWESOME Julie!! THAT would make me fangirl out!!

      Delete
  5. I wish I could un-see the lip-ferret image! I was so in love with him when I was 11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easier to love him back then. He didn't look like a circle ring leader.

      Delete
  6. Oh My god! I remember Duran Duran, but never had crushes on them.

    I think this makes you almost famous. Or maybe, he just has so few people tweeting about him these days that he notices every single one. (Okay, that wasnt meant to be a bubble burster) Either way, this made me laugh, and at least now he looks like the douchebag that you say he is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks Stef. I was obsessed back in the day. These days I still love them and still go and see them in concert but they no longer adorn my walls.

      Delete
    2. Simon has 99,989 followers on Twitter, so yeah, I'm sure he just has SO FEW PEOPLE tweeting about him these days.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the info, Melissa. Big help.

      Delete
  7. That is awesome! I get super excited when a blogger I love comments on something. I can't image Duran Duran. And I love handlebar moustaches but yeah he DOES look like a cartoon villain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Joy I was stunned when I saw him RT me. :)

      Delete
  8. OMFG, what HAPPENED to him???? He needs a new stylist, ASAP

    Despite the mustache travesty, I'd still start squealing if he retweeted me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think he looks pretty good for...90. He's gotta be 90 by now, right? I'm pretty sure he's probably dating the 20-year-old behind him, too ;) I share the same Duran Duran love. You know that. I remember being decked out in my acid wash, jean jacket (covered in band pins), when I was in junior high, with "I love Simon LeBon" written on my hand. I get your love. I really do. Deep down, I think you still like him with the cartoon mustache! I feel the same about Cy Curnin of The Fixx. Yes, random, but always loved him and when I met him, he became my Le Douche.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally catching up this morning and omg the silent movie villain look is atrocious. And he's still married to Yasmine (Bleeth, wasn't it?)? That's incredible. Funny - when I got the retweet (the first time) from Baio and was hyperventilating, my daughters also kept telling me I was "fangirling" and how "adorable" it was. I couldn't get them to understand that it was MY 12 YEAR OLD SELF that was "fangirling" as I do not find the current day Baio attractive, but they couldn't understand. Stupid kids.
    ANYway, congrats. My 14 year old self is squealing with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that nickname is taking me back LOL this is awesome stuff Teri!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh no! He was doing pretty good but that mustache just killed it!! How awesome that he has a good sense of humor though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, re-Tweeted by Simon LeBon?! I agree, that is thrilling news.

    I, too, have been a fan for years (since 1982 to be exact) and Simon was my first Duran crush. I agree, he had it going on for years but that new stache? Oh no, honey. Yasmin needs to put her foot down.

    ReplyDelete

I do read all comments and try to respond to them. Unless you're trying to get me to visit your website: Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags. Then you can go pound sand.